Thursday, September 16, 2010

Welp (2)...

Nevermind. You can go ahead and scratch what you read in the last post, if you did in fact read it at all.

I began this morning with three second grade classes. (If you remember from two posts ago... I was VERY nervous) First one was good, second mediocre, and third was awful. I don't know what it is exactly. It is always easiest to blame the situation, sure. But in this case, I'm going to fall back pretty heavily on that, not desiring to do any more reflection about my own flaws at this moment in time. Construction. Hunger. Very non-engaging classroom environments. Desks in stright rows. Overcrowding. No ability to move around. And THAT is all I'll say about second grade for the moment.

My eighth grade class was next. I almost cried with joy. They were smart and sweet and serious and engaging and just... WONDERFUL. I literally jumped up and down at the end of my lesson, and did a little happy dance. And they didn't stare at me, they laughed too. Beauty. This friends, was matched (even topped) by the next class of fifth grade students. WOW- two in a row!! Then another fifth grade room (I'd rate it "good" but not "amazing" like class number one). Following a break, I headed into the dreaded room of terror: 6A. Sixth grade, the insurmountable classroom level of doom.

And it was glorious.

I know there will be plenty more days like yesterday. But guys, on this busiest of days, I love my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment