Friday, September 10, 2010

Connection

Like a flower craves sunlight and even bends itself toward it, I crave human connection. I live for the people around me- the everyday interactions, the shared moments, the passing of wisdom, and the lightening of burdens. And in the past few days, I have been blessed on a level beyond the physical, the mental, or the emotional. My soul has been touched in a way I can not even put into words.

I assumed that moving here would result in some kind of restrictions on the amount of connection I felt to others. I was looking forward to learning about myself and discovering more about my teaching practice, sure. But I was dreading the lack of contact I would have with people.

Life has a funny way of working out sometimes. People walk into your life when you aren't even looking, and your entire being fills with the joy of knowing someone, and feeling cherished, and sleeping once more in the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment