Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Personality

In the summer of 2006 I took a personality assessment called the MBTI- Myers-Briggs Type Inventory. This was for the Honors Program orientation at Anderson University, and it was pretty cool to take the assessment (I like that kind of thing) but also to read about myself. I know that lots of times assessments like this are dependent on the day, the mood or circumstance of the person taking it, and lots of other contextual factors... but I found my results to be dead on. I also know that these can change over time, but mine has remained the same for the last 5 years.

I am an ENFJ through and through :)

Basically, the reason I am talking about this is because I've run out of ideas for what to do with some of my older students. Especially the eighth grade- they literally have 5 weeks (nearly 4) left until high school, they re increasingly concerned about exams that are coming up, and optional English isn't exactly somewhere they want to focus their energy. I've assigned the last project and it is due in a few weeks, but the absense of a computer lab in the school means that most of the work for the project has to be done at home.

So we are going to do the MBTI. What better time to learn about yourself, right? I loved this type of thing at that age, and I'm hoping my students don't absolutely hate it at the very least.

What is your type?

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

http://www.personalitypage.com/high-level.html

2 comments:

  1. What a good idea Steph! I am sure your kids will appreciate this very much :) Yes, you are certainly an ENFJ kind of personality...and I love it :) I took this test in my psychology class in college, but i don't remember the results. So I just took the test and apparently I am an INFJ personality. But then again, I am also on pain meds at the moment...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stumbled across your blog and it is a Godsend!
    I am an English Teacher in Athens, Greece (read my blog as well). I might have the opportunity to come to Bucharest to work from September 2011 (this year).
    Would you recommend it? Would love to get your feedback!

    ReplyDelete