Saturday, April 23, 2011

Kindred Spirits and the Purpose of MY Life

I've spent the last three days in Oradea, my original gateway to this incredible place I've called home for the last 8 months.

I've never been happier. Never. The kind of happy that emboldens me to feel like I can do anything, face challenges yet unconquered, and be truly content.

To begin, I'm staying in the Noble House at Caminul Felix Village Two, where they host most of the missionary groups and visitors who come to work. There are currently 9 other people staying here. Lars, Julius, Willard, Jake, Larry, David, John, Gary, and Steve have become my neighbors, my entertainment, and my friends. The youngest man is 52 years old and the oldest is 83, and wow do they have stories. I don't think I could ever tire of spending time with these wonderful gentlemen. I spent the afternoon playing tour guide and translator for these men in downtown Oradea... one of the most shining times in recent memories.

Now for the purpose of my life. I'm feeling pretty lucky to be 22 years old and have fully and totally discovered that I'm supposed to hang around kids. How can you deny that this kind of joy isn't related to some larger/bigger/higher calling?

No comments:

Post a Comment