Friday, April 29, 2011

35

I've long been a fan of the 5's pattern. I love teaching it, it is nice and rounded off and conforms to my werid desire for order.

I have 35 days of school left. For a while I was counting down the days in anticipation, looking forward to the dwindling numbers. I'm not sure what happened, but now I'm aching for time to slow down. Each day passes with a sort of regret, and I find myself on yet another Friday afternoon longing for more time.

More time in the country of incredible contrasts, wonderous beauty, and warm hearts. More time with these students that I am just now getting to know and love. More time in this place of joy and peace and sometimes frustration. I cannot believe this chapter of my life is coming to an end.

There are obviously big things ahead. I cannot wait to see my family and friends, start an exciting new summer job, and plan the future. I'm looking forward to so much, but this place is going to stay in my heart.

1 comment:

  1. it makes me happy to hear that you are sad- not for the sadness, but for the happiness you've finally found in this country far away. i love you.

    ReplyDelete