Saturday, July 31, 2010

A Long Time

During a recent conversation with a friend, I commented that a year "really isn't that long." I believe that I was trying to talk myself down a little bit, to backtrack my justifications for wanting to say goodbye to people. I mentioned all of the friends I wanted to see one last time, and then thought about the drama of my words- leading to the remark about a year really not being that long. In the grand scheme of life, a year isn't that long.

She replied "yes, it is."

And she is right. I know that a year, 365 days, 52 weeks- it isn't really a huge deal. It may seem like a long time, but people look back on entire years of life and think "what was I doing?"

But THIS year, these 365 days, these 52 weeks. They are a huge deal.

Just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment