Friday, February 11, 2011

Takeover

I'm not sure exactly where I went wrong, but this past Tuesday my class was taken over. Specifically, my second grade class was taken over. By a second grader.

About 10 minutes into class, Andrei stands up and starts walking around the classroom with a little notebook. Andrei is a wanderer anyway, so I just let him be and continue on with the lesson. I see that he is walking from desk to desk, writing down names and checking the workbooks of his classmates. Hmm... okay.

A while later, I sit down at the desk for a moment and watch curiously as Andrei moves to the front of the room and begins directing the class. Completely parroting what I've just done, he proceeds to reteach the lesson.

Moments later, he allows two students to leave the classroom to use the bathroom. After that, he scolds one student for teasing another.

The best part... all of the kids listened to him.

I just watched. This could work out rather well for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment