Saturday, August 13, 2011

Final Post

This will be my last post. I've been thinking for a long time about what to do with this blog, because I am no longer teaching in Romania. I wanted to keep writing but I didn't think it was appropriate to keep using the same "venue," of sorts.

For a long time this summer, I've been stuck in the middle. Stuck between a land I miss and a home I love, stuck between jobs, stuck without direction. And last week it all came together. And after some thought, I realized that I can finally let go of the last part of Romania I was clinging to: this blog.

So friends, visit me and my new home and my new job at this address:

http://breadplusroses.blogspot.com/

I'll be moving to Chicago shortly and starting a job with a social-service agency in Uptown. I'm going to be living in Hyde Park (land that I love) and working on building a life and making a difference in the lives of 20 little friends, their families, and the rest of the population served by the agency. I'm so excited to begin this next chapter.

Unlike every other period of time in my life, there is no prescribed end date. There is no graduation or contract termination date. I don't have a set destination. I do expect to grow and change, and I'm hoping my new blog will chronicle that journey. Thank you for your love, your support, and your comments. It has meant so much to me. I would love to "see" everyone again as life moves on here!

No comments:

Post a Comment